Yeah! I can finally get my quilt frame back up. The day after Christmas, I took down my quilting frame, emptied the room of everything – moving most of the furniture to the barn and the rest here and there in the rest of the house. We then tore up the carpet that was in that room and the dining room. I purchased laminate flooring at Sams Club (25 boxes total) and we started laying the floor shortly before New Years. We made good headway on the project. It only took 2 days to install the laminate. However, it took a bit longer to install the trim. I not only wanted to install baseboard trim, I also wanted to replace the doorway trim. All of that trim needed to be stained (2 coats) and finished. But oh my – it was SO worth it. The only thing I messed up on was purchasing ALL of the transition pieces (approximately $100 worth) and staining them all before I tried to install them. I was so unhappy with them, that I wound up buying a different type of transition at a replacement cost of just under $100. Then of course I had to stain them again also. All in all – I love the new look. It is very durable and easy to clean. The flooring came with a life-time warranty, so hopefully this will be the last we have to replace the flooring in those two rooms.
As soon as the frame was put back up, I had a quilt top dropped off (thanks Elaine!). So, I have a wholecloth ready to put on and Elaine’s baby quilt to do. I have another queen-sized quilt coming from a customer and another quilt I’m working on myself.
I have more shopping to do too! Every project leads to another one it seems. I need a couple of rugs for the front room. One runner in front of my frame and one area rug underneath the two club chairs. The white rug that is there right now belongs in another room. I’m also looking to get a couple of kitchen cabinets with a countertop across them or a desk for Nick’s room. And, I’m thinking about restoring my kitchen countertops. And oh yes, the flooring in both bathrooms will need replacing. And so on and so on. 🙂
Here are some pics of the progress: