This quilt was pieced by Joan from Virginia. It was quite large and took me a bit longer to finish than I anticipated. I like the finished quilt though. When designing the quilting for this quilt, I felt that traditional quilting patterns would fit the quilt, so I went with a swag border and put half posies in the center of the swag. I also doubled up the arches of the swag to mimic the basket handles. I finished it off with beadboard on the outside of the swags. All of the baskets got the same half posies with feathers surrounding the basket handles and a kind of “corporal” stripe between the baskets. I like how that looks also.
I used legacy batting and So Fine thread on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. I had the hardest time trying to stay in the ditch on those basket handles. I’m not sure why – I’ve not had much problems with applique in the past. This took me nearly 3 weeks!! to finish (of course I was distracted by life’s curveballs, but still!).