I’ve always liked painting and when I first saw some of Irena Bluhm’s quilts, I was fascinated with the process. While in Milwaukee at the Showcase last August, I picked up a sample dragonfly from her and talked with her about the process. I purchased some Prismacolor pencils, some brushes and a bottle of Delta Ceramcoat textile medium. I found that the textile medium really blended the color and pushed it around some. I lid how the dragonfly turned out, but didn’t want it to be just an orphan block, so I created two flower panels and added trapunto to them. I also cut away the batting from around the dragonfly block to give it trapunto also. I then arranged them together with purple and yellow fabric. I like how it turned out – now to find a place to display it! I think I’ll try this again, I may want to try some different paint mediums though.