I was inspired by an article in a recent Machine Quilters Unlimited magazine for this project. I took a fat quarter and cut out the parts I liked and rearranged them onto muslin and added a couple of borders. A friend of mine (Connie) told me this was called broderie perse! I didn’t know that at the time I did this, but it’s cool that it has an actual name! I trapuntoed some items – the birds, a few of the cut out roses, and most of the feathers/vines. When I was done quilting it, I used some paintsticks to add color to the rose motifs I quilted. I like how it turned out. I think next time I do this project or a similar project, I’m going to get some better painting materials, or at least get some more colors.