T-Shirt Quilt Finished

I’ve finished this cute t-shirt quilt.  I used knit fusible interfacing to back each of the t-shirt areas.  The black musical fabric was used to outline each of the t-shirts and extend them to a 16″ size (the size of 5 of the biggest blocks).  The top row of blocks was 9″ by 16″.  I used the medium purple print and the teal print for sashing and found a lovely modern flower swirl print that had most of the same colors in it for the border. I used a darker purple flower print for the back and the binding, and I really like how it turned out.  I looked for several musical-themed pantos, but just wasn’t happy with any of them.  I couldn’t do a custom treatment to this as it wasn’t in the budget.  I used this daisy swirl overall meander and I LOVE it.  I’m definitely using this treatment again.  It was easy to do and it went fast.  I finished the entire quilt in one day.  It turned out to be 79×88 (full-size).  I used an 80/20 Legacy batting and Sylko gray thread on top and Coats and Clark purple embroidery thread on the bottom.  I had no issues with tension, even when going over the sweatshirt material! I LOVE the Sylko gray thread.  It looks almost metallic on the black material and it blended with everything! 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s