Sunflower Stars is finished!
This is a quilt I pieced over Christmas break with the intention of using it to practice trapunto. I had watched Linda Taylor’s video and it gave me the confidence to dive in and just do it! I used mostly stash fabrics, but did buy the creamy yellow Kona cotton for the trapunto areas and had to search for a few fat quarters of one fabric to finish the border. Otherwise, everything was in my stash and had been bought on sale. I used Quilters Dream wool and a combination of different threads – signature, sulky, rayon, and So Fine. It wound up being 92″ square. The pics show it before I finished putting the brown binding on it and washed it. I’ll post that pic later. I enjoyed the process enough that I’ll do this again. The quilt design is one I put together using some traditional blocks. I purposely put the cream strips in for trapunto work. While I used light yellow thread on the trapunto areas, I think next time I’ll use a thread with a bit more contrast and really do some thread painting.